6/26/13

chicago botanic gardens, part one

this summer both eric and I have tuesdays off, which is nice because he works weekends and for a long time the only day we both had free for day trips was sunday.....and I do not like to wake up early on sundays!
so yesterday we went to the Chicago Botanic Gardens with his parents. because I am a sheltered little country girl I had never heard of it (you have to understand that even though we are only an hour outside of Chicago, there is a good half hour of cornfields between us and the end of Chicago's extensive suburbs!). 
this place is gorgeous! I can't wait to go back and finish exploring the rest of it. I'm definitely not one of those people who obsessively plans her dream wedding (or, honestly, think about it much at all), but DANG. I would get hitched here. I want to hike to the altar, smelling weird flowers and checking out birds the whole way. 

anyway. the light was perfect yesterday. 








I love hanging gardens!




see that brownish glob? ALL BEES.








upside down? nope. just the smoothest lagoon.


part II coming tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment