5/12/13

BFA show!

I had my BFA show last thursday! I haven't gotten around to the photos until today because graduating college involves a lot of work, apparently. I walked yesterday and now I officially have no school ever again. weird.

the show was a ton of fun. instead of showing in one of the school spaces, I turned my garage into a gallery and had my show at home! it ended up being great--I'm never one for sterile spaces or generic events, so being able to have full control over my space and having the ability to add a lot of personal touch to the party was awesome. there was a lot of food, beers, and friends. it was exactly what I wanted it to be!
now I just have to find a job and apartment in chicago. eek!
I haven't had to job search in six years....

now for some photos!

my book stand.


so much food! there was another table for "the chili station." it was all gone by the end of the night.
at one point there was probably sixty people packed into my house.


all the punches!


got this idea from pinterest--instead of using toothpicks for the cheese cubes, put pretzel sticks in them. it was a big hit and definitely an idea I'll be using for future parties.


a blackberry and raspberry lemonade. I got this idea from A Beautiful Mess. that blog has the best recipes.
for the food signs, I screen printed the arrow designs with some leftover paper and hand lettered the captions. I dig how they turned out too. 


got this infused water idea from A Beautiful Mess too. the original recipe just used mint, but I added the cucumber because cucumber water is also delicious. turns out, they are great together! 


my thank you note/business card table.


my book stand at night.




juan checking out my book!


maggie!


we let lila run around throughout the night. she got pretty worn out halfway through!
then she took a short nap and was good to go again.


sad marcus.



amanda!


and a random photo from today.



I still have to take good documentation photos of the installation, but I've been super busy since thursday with all the graduation activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment