5/20/13

the last widow's peak, part one

for the past four years, I've gone to a music festival called Widow's Peak with my friends Christine, Matt, Jena, and Dan. it's a fun tradition of camping, music, and whiskey-drinkin' with a bunch of friends I've known since I started college. unfortunately, this was the last year of the festival (the founder is moving!) and Jena and Dan couldn't come! still, the three of us plus three of Matt's friends made the trek out to Yorkville for three days of camping.

I'm not always into the music, but $40 for three days, two nights of camping is a great deal! I love this festival because it's not huge so we don't have to deal with a million people, the campground is large so everyone is fairly spread apart, everyone us super friendly, and it gets pretty rowdy at nighttime. I will miss this summer tradition for sure...

here's some photos from day one.

--------------------------------------------------------

hate those silly family stick figure decals, but love that this dude is single with a dog and proud of it.


christine looks like a lost child.





of all the things to forget....I left the graham crackers at home. tried to make a s'more with two pieces of chocolate. I don't recommend it.


my favorite part of camping is the food....so simple and tasty. just throw some veggies and spices in a foil packet, shove it under some coals, drink a beer and then your food's done.


a band called Charlie Parr. 
whoever did the lighting for this festival was excellent. I had a hard time choosing photos because the lighting in each one had such different and interesting light. and for an outdoor venue too!



this band was called Jonas Friddle & the Majority. 




more to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment