6/7/13

everything day

on tuesday, eric and I headed to chicago for the day. I had a group interview at 12:30 at a clothing store that went terribly (I was awful! unsurprisingly, I did not get the job). I've only been looking for a couple weeks but it's not going well at all....of the ten or so jobs I've applied for, I've been rejected from two and haven't yet heard back from any of the others. I found a few that I would really like to do so I'm crossing my fingers I hear back soon!

anyway, to ease the sting of my terrible performance at the interview, eric and I spent the rest of the day doing fun stuff around the city. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

we went to the Lincoln Park Conservatory, which I have to admit I had no idea existed until we stumbled across it on our way into the zoo.



love these planters. I want to try to figure out a way to make my own.



it smelled like coconuts!




nice sea lion.


this jaguar was not happy.


kangaroo massacre.


after the zoo, we walked to the Museum of Contemporary Art since tuesdays are free for Illinois residents.
we probably walked around ten miles that day, so we didn't really stay long at the museum. just long enough to check out the lower exhibitions, which were really neat but I didn't take any photos. I just got a shot of this giant rotating "mothers" sign out front. 




wish me luck on the job hunt! I am taking a break for a few days because it's making me feel pretty down on myself, but hopefully I find something soon.
-darrien

No comments:

Post a Comment