7/22/13

north avenue beach

a few weeks ago, eric and I went to North Avenue Beach in Chicago in a desperate attempt to escape the heat and humidity!
I've lived an hour away from Chicago almost my entire life and I had never been to any of its beaches before. honestly, it never really occurred to me to go.
it was great though--I can't wait until the big move so I can do it whenever I want! soon, soon....maybe.
--------------------------------------------

I'd always heard that Chicago beaches were crowded and dirty. 
dirty:


crowded:


I hate having my photo taken. I'm trying to get used to it, though.
I definitely wasn't trying in this picture! yuck.


eric is a much better model.


pocket full o' shells.


um get out.




GODZILLA




at all the beaches I've ever been to, you had to get out of there by nighttime when the crackheads moved in.
the best thing about chicago beaches (at least, North Avenue Beach) is that you can stay on the beach past sunset without fearing for your life. watching the sun go down behind the city skyline and seeing all the lights in the distance turn on was absolutely gorgeous. 
someday I'll be able to watch this anytime I want. 


No comments:

Post a Comment