7/29/13

Barb City Dandies resurrection!

last wednesday, the Dandies came alive again!
it has been many months since I played bike polo. I had a fairly nasty crash due to playing with toe straps--never again!! I will never ever ride with toe straps or clipped in! people love it but it makes me feel trapped. during my recovery I went on a new birth control that gave me really bad anxiety (say no to nuvaring!), and the next time I played polo I couldn't stop thinking about my crash and had a massive panic attack. I immediately stopped the meds and stopped playing polo. 

well, wednesday I got up the courage to play again. it felt good! we had a nice group out--7 or 8 people in all, which is pretty big for summertime polo.


below is my brother riding my old red schwinn that I rode before I got the scrambler. it is rough to play polo on....especially since I apparently was working on it before I moved last year, stopped halfway through, and then stuck it in the basement half-finished. it has unwrapped cruiser bars and after the games we realized the front wheel wasn't even screwed on. oops!


after this I stopped being a lazy photographer and actually adjusted my white balance for those nasty orange street lights. it made all the difference. hurr durrrr I have a photo degree. 











pile up! no serious injuries.



celebratory wheelie. eric put a basket on his steamroller, so the old schwinn is his polo bike now.


hopefully we'll be back to playing every week. my senior year of college was so busy that I didn't really have time for hobbies or fun things, so I got used to only doing stuff I had to do. I am slowly remembering what my hobbies were and how to do things I'm not made to do. post-college is a weird mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment